Choose A Real Estate Agent
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, negotiating, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. Having successfully completed numerous transactions, we can expertly guide you through this process. Many first-time buyers do not realize the Real Estate Agent’s Commission is paid by the Seller in most cases; ‘For Sale By Owners’ are on a case by case basis, but usually do not have their homes listed in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). Zillow does allow them to list their homes on Zillow’s Website.
Here are some critical factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Best to choose an agent who is an actual Realtor (not all agents are Realtors). Actual Realtors subscribe to higher standards and educational requirements
- Choose a Full Service agent vs a Discount Agent. Full Service Agents will be with you thru the whole process of buying the home; they will go to the inspection, speak with your lender, work with escrow, and attend your closing (restrictions not withstanding).
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you and if they are available during the weekday, at night, and/or on weekends. But also understand that a good agent will have other clients too so they may not always be available when you are. Try to make appointments ahead of time with your agent so they can meet your needs and make you their priority.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.